Brooklyn based indie folk band, Streets of Laredo brings a new cutting edge to the music scene. Light & mellow, and great for a rainy day with a cup of coffee, “Hey Rose,” is their first single off their forthcoming EP Volume II. It has just enough strumming, drumming & airy-love-induced vocals ending with a minute long instrumental break to dive right into. Dance and clap for the last 30 seconds around a fire pit. Totally groovy. Press play to hear this beautiful folk symphony.
Attracting love into your life is simple, just ask for what you want. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3. Visualize what your partner will look like, write down their personality traits, and feel how it would feel to be with them. You must continue to meditate and be completely open towards love. Believe it and recieve the love from every person & experience. Love is on the way! <3
Every morning, it’s important to set daily intentions even if they’re as simple as giving someone a compliment. Before you get out of bed, set at least 7 intentions. For instance, you will have a fun and productive day. You must visualize the situation as you would like it go. Send good energies and positive thoughts into whatever you may encounter. Tell yourself you will learn new things, meet new people, and discover beauty in everything you encounter. Buddist religions are founded on living in the present moment by “being” fully aware. The Buddah’s Four Noble Truth teaches us to do no harm to others, be loving, and kind to everyone.
- Set clear intentions and write them down.
- Share your intention with a loved one.
- Plant seeds in your daily intentions.
- Turn negative situations into positive ones.
Love always, Christa Alexis
Christa Alexis here!
Recently, I’ve been cutting back on carbs including breads & pastas. I have felt satisfied longer, more energetic, and less bloated. My stomach looks flatter than ever! What did I do?
- Limit carb intake – switch to grains including brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, flax flakes, granola
- Switch to probiotic dairy – kefir, yogurt, dark chocolate with hemp seeds , cacao, chia seeds as topping with sunflower butter
- Hot foods after every meal – tea & soups
That’s all for now! Much love!
Tis the season of pumpkin spiced lattes, cinnamon donuts, warm freshly baked cookies, big comfy sweaters, watching the leaves change colors and kicking back with family & friends. Add these items to your closet to spice up any fall outfit!
1) Mesh sleeve polka dot shirt – H & M only $17.95 !
2) Joyrich bear face sweater dress – Nasty Gal $128.00
3) Gold shimmer high-waisted leggings – Bogatte.com, only 24.00!
4) White Faux Fur Vest – Bogatte.com, $42.00
A smile a day keeps the doctor away. It’s a simple way to stay healthy. Smiling boosts your energy, your mood, your longetivity, and even helps you to be more successful. Look at an old picture you love or recall a memory that makes you happy.
Health benefits of smiling 1) Stronger immune system 2) Look younger 3) Earn Success 4) Encourage Trust 5) Relaxes the body 6) Helps you lose weight 7) Boosts relationships 8) Decreases Stress 9) Better sleep cycle 10) Increases Energy
A positive mind can create anything. It can change any circumstance around for the better. It can create your wold. It all starts with you. Here’s some simple ways to change your mind.
1) Recite what you’re grateful for. (Health, Family, Friends, Car, Home, Money, Etc… )
2) Reprogram your subconscious mind with daily repetition. Check out the one I like to use here.
3) Look in the mirror and repeat “I’m beautiful. I’m confident. I’m successful.”
4) Visualize the outcome you want. Focus only on the end goal.
Start with the basics. Remember, you are always loved!
Auras can be defined as “a body of light” that surrounds a person or object. It is often said that each color relates to the person’s personality traits. Have you ever walked into a room and gravitate towards a person> They just seem to ‘glow.’ Auras are oval-shaped electro-magnetic energies. Reading auras take time and practice. Here are simple ways to understand auras.
1) Open up your awareness to colors and accept it. Sense the auras around you. Start to understand how you feel around certain people.
2) Listen to a persons thoughts via their aura. Ex: A bright aura means the person is being truthful, yet a gray or dark aura says they’re being dishonest. People who are spirtual usually have a yellow halo around their head.
3) Each color has a specific meaning. Each of the colors have different shades if they’re darker than it refelcts a negative aura. Red: Heart. Postive: Healthy Ego. Negative: Anger/Agression. Orange: Emotions. Positive: Creativity. Negative: Addictions. Yellow: Life Energy. Positive: Easy Going/Optimisim. Negative: Control Issues. Green: Lungs. Positive: Growth/Balance. Negative: Jealousy. Blue: Throat. Positive: Caring/Loving. Negative: Fearful. Violet: Pineal Gland. Positive: Self-Attunement. Negative: Lacking Spirtual Side. Silver: Root. Positive: Abundance. Negative: Insecurity. Gold: Enlightenment. Positive: Guided. Negative: Lost. White: Purity. Positive: Honesty (Angels)
Felix Snow is a NYC based producer who was recently signed to Warner Chappell with his latest single “This Pool Party Feels Like A Funeral” features Various Cruelties. It has already gained buzz from Fader, Complex, and Pitchfork. It starts off with light drumming and electronic feel good vibes – ironically enough. Totally edgy-modern-upbeat and a rocking beat over smooth vocals. Press play.
Mississippi based songwriter Dent May releases his third album, Warm Blanket with a pop-psychedelic-soul eclectic classical tones. “Let Them Talk” is the second single full of slow paced, low-whispering vocals, and a time warp induced melody. It’s dream-like, funky, and laidback approach is a quick preview of the album. Listen below!